Happy New Week, people! How was the weekend? Today I want to share with you 10 beauty hacks I just learnt about Vaseline. When you hear about Vaseline, all that comes to mind is how to rub it on wounds and rub it on lips to prevent chaffing. We tend to drift towards its antiseptic uses. There’s more to this good ol’ blue- capped jar of petroleum jelly. The beauty industry needs it too. Running out of make up? Running low on your Budget? Or you just want to do a DIY to put your ingenuity to the test. Whatever it is, here are some amazing uses of Vaseline, you didn’t know.
1. A substitute for Mascara: If you don’t like wearing Mascara but love the effects of a Mascara on your eyelashes, this is the solution. You can also apply it prior to your Mascara application. It gives more volume . I even heard it makes eyelashes grow fast. That’s a win for me!
2. For hydrating the face: In case your lotion doesn’t do justice in moisturizing your skin especially if you live in an area with an Arid climate like where I am, apply this to your face prior to your foundation. If you do not have a face primer available, Vaseline it is!
3. Make your perfume last longer: Yeah, just rub a bit of Vaseline at the spots you’d usually dab your perfume. Then spray your perfume on the Vaseline spots. They tend to hold fragrances longer than your bare skin would.
4. Channel in your Ingenuity and make a lipstick!
Turn loose pigments or crumbled eye shadows into custom lip tints by mixing them with a little Vaseline. The more opaque look you want, the higher the eye shadow pigment ratio to the Vaseline’s.
5. Remove stubborn eye makeup: For those stubborn eye shadow and lipstick stains that won’t go away. Apply some Vaseline, scrub off make up lightly with a make up remover towel, a piece of tissue paper or a piece of cloth. If there are lipstick stains on your teeth and you are just few metres away from your crush, dab some Vaseline on your teeth and rub it off fast! Pheeeew! That was close!…You can now breathe.
6. Set straggly brows: If your eyebrows have a mind of their own. Sprouting up their heads instead of staying in line, Use a spoolie (A clean dry mascara brush) with a little bit of Vaseline to groom arches into place.
7.Transform matte eye shadows: You want to go from a day look to a night look but you have no shiny eye shadow in hand? Say hello to my li’l friend! Dab just a little on your matte eye shadow and you are ready for a night out.
8. For highlighting those cheek bones: Have you run out of a Highlighter? Still make those cheek bones pop with a bit of Vaseline. Lightly pat it in, just where you would normally rub your highlighter. Remember, less is key! You don’t wanna look like you’re melting.
9. For Manicure: Apply Vaseline around your cuticle while applying your polish. This way it prevents the nail polish from sticking to your skin, leaving you a neat finish. If you always have trouble opening your nail polish bottle, apply it to the rim of the bottle and you’d never lose a sweat over opening your polish again.
10. As a protective layer while swimming: Just because we love to swim, doesn’t mean we need to get dark everytime we dive into the pool. Chlorine in the swimming pool makes your skin darker whenever you swim. To prevent your skin from interacting with chlorine, rub a generous amount of Vaseline on your skin before diving in.
So there you have it! 10 Beauty Hacks using Vaseline! Great, Budget-friendly tricks! Do you know about other beauty uses? Please share at the comment section. Please Like our Facebook Page.*Big grin*
1,979 total views, 2 views today