Ladies and Gentlemen(who love their ladies), get in here! Do you know beauty products have different effects with different climates? I didn’t know this until after purchasing MAX Factor Foundation creme here. It worked well here but didn’t sit well on my skin in Nigeria. The same happened with my foundation creme in Nigeria, it didn’t sit well on my skin here. So I had to take out time to test different products, some favored me, some didn’t but these 10 items are what stood out for me in my make up kit and I had to share because “Sharing is Caring”.*batting lashes*
- Maybelline New York Compact Powder: This item gives coverage so flawlessly. It is not heavy on skin. It works well with humid and non- humid climate.
- Cover girl bombshell shine Eye shadow: I have been a gold eye shadow freak. I was so stuck on the gold palette on Lancome Eye shadow palette but suddenly it was unavailable in the market, that was how my gold search mayhem started. I bought so many shades, even mixed but I still couldn’t get the right subtle shade until I stumbled on this. The shade is called gold goddess (no.315) and it’s in liquid form and covers flawlessly. I love to apply it with my finger.
- L.A Pride Eye Primer and Concealer: Okay, I walked into a shop looking for L.A Pro concealer, and the vendor handed this to me. I felt it was a knock-off but he assured me this was a great product. And to my surprise it was! It keeps my eye shadow in check, come rain, come shine, come harmattan! I didn’t bother using eye primers because I used to have a trick to keep my eye shadows in place, which was dabbing a bit of lipstick there. Sshhhh! So if you run out of eye primer, you can do that. A primer is a preparatory coat used on a canvas, in this case, your face.
- Max Factor Lipstick: This also was gotten unintentionally. I was searching for ‘Ruby woo’ by M.A.C but was handed ‘Ruby Tuesday’ by Max Factor and it sure hasn’t failed me. You want to be a Moulin Rouge Femme Fatale? Go for this lipstick. It doesn’t look dry and ‘cake-y’. It moisturizes well. This was quite a happy accident for me. Serendipity!!!
- KOHL Kajal: This emerald green shade does wonders to the eyes. Line your eyes with it, instead of black and you have that instant ‘photo-shoot model’ look. It doesn’t run with tears or sweat.
- Mary Kay Foundation: Yessss, I’m a die-hard Mary Kay loyalist. I have tried other foundations but some how this is the only one that has worked for me. It’s not heavy at all. It works for all weathers too. Choose what works for you.
- My Dark brown brow liner: Can’t remember the make. This one is soft and long lasting. Great for all weather. Just get what shade and make that works for you.
- Blush: To me, I can use any kind of blush provided it’s good for my skin and it’s color suits me. This particular blush stays on skin and it’s not even cream based. Cream based blushes tend to last longer though but this works for me. So before you choose a blush, make sure it suits your skin tone. It should not be too dark to give you a burnt look and not too light that it barely shows. Blushes bring life to a make up pale face.
- Make up brush by Manicare: My all time favorite. It helps me to apply my powder and blush flawlessly. It’s sleek and doesn’t leave bristles here and there.
- Max beauty Eyelashes: Yes, gone are those days when I sit at the salon to fix individual lashes. With this wear-and-go lashes, I go from girl- next- door to va-va- voom! Love , love, love it. It’s really easy to apply. In due time, I’d do a tutorial video on it. Meanwhile, look out for a post I’ll be publishing soon, on How to rock a No-Make up look.
So these are my favorite items I’m rocking now. What are yours? Try and share. If you need details on where to get the products in Nigeria, especially in Port Harcourt, please indicate at the comment section. They are quite affordable. Please, don’t forget to Like our Facebook page. We need you in our life. lol.
1,201 total views, 2 views today