Yes, the 3rd Sunday of June is around the corner marking the annual Father’s day celebration. That means kids are scheming, wives are snooping , trying to figure out the best gift for ‘Daddy’. Well, some just don’t bother. But we really need to take out time and make our Dads feel pretty special. Remember, your dad is your first love before you started spoiling and knowing man. I would have posted this earlier this week but I had to do proper research, asking Dads between 30 years old to 60 years plus, what gifts they would really appreciate from their partners, kids and loved ones besides ‘boxers and singlets’. I got quite a list but I narrowed it to 20 items. You all know, getting a gift for a guy is damn hard ‘cos their quality stuff is quite expensive and you really don’t have so much options unlike shopping for women. Women fall for the smallest, sweetest things and be sure that she wouldn’t mind another shade of an item you just got her. See, we are not so complicated and hard to please. *batting lashes*.
Ways to choose a gift for your man, is trying to find out what he needs at the moment, what fits his personality(and not yours), his age, his job, hobbies or routines.
Now about this list. It is aimed to have affordable items ranging from 2,000 Naira to 15,000 Naira. Some may be a bit stretched out of the range but be sure not to find designer shoes, watches and Ferrari here. They are waaay up high. This list is in no particular order and covers all age range. So let’s begin.
- Beats by Dre: Get him the best earphones if he loves his music listened to quietly. Mostly for young dads. Price range 20k plus
- Armani code for men: I’ve personally used the one for women and it remains one of my favorite. This was suggested by some men and I can imagine it would live up to expectation. Note that this is just a guide, you can absolutely buy any kind of perfume you want.
- Backpack: A quality backpack, especially leather would make a dude take it everywhere, especially if he is an IT person. Great for your laptop, documents and personal effects. This below, is made by COACH and it is above the 15k range because it is pure leather and ‘dizainas’ but you can get less and still look this good. Just holler at that your customer at Balogun market.
- Gold Stethoscope: Make his profession look classier than it already is. For the medics, this is for you. Outside the 15k range but worth the buy.
- Playstation games: Is your man a teenager at heart? The most recent and topping the chart, ‘Uncharted 4: The thief’s end’ is a must-have. An action- adventure video game.
- Neck ties: This should have joined the boxers and singlets category but you just can’t help the beautiful variety, so it stays. Get what complements him best.
- Cufflinks: This has got variety too. Has a wide price range, so just go get what’s best.
- Golden Classic Ray Ban Aviator Sunglasses: Nothing speaks class like these. Slightly out of the 15k range but worth it.
- Belts: Quality is key. Always choose quality over ‘over-the-top’ looking belts.
- Wallets: Quality place for his money.
- Braun shaver kit: This is super quality for those who want nothing but the best. It’s the series 3 shaver from braun. There are higher series but waaaay expensive, as if no be same biabia you go still shave. This series 3 is a stretch out of the 15k budget but there are budget-fit shaving kit with other brands.
- Baseball cap: Every man needs one. Whether stylish or plain.
- Sandals: A.k.a” Pam sandals”. Wonder why it’s called that. But it’s really stylish for the Naija attire. Quality is key and it has a wide price range. So the choice is yours. Great for young and old dads.
- A collection of ” Mind your language” Series : This funny British comedy 70s’ Series will take your dad back in time and crack his ribs.
- Davidoff Cool Water Perfume for men: I know I’ve listed perfume for men but if you need a classic note, Cool Water is a way to go. Dads in their 60s plus years, will appreciate this scent. It is classic yet fresh.
- Hawaiian Shirts : Stylish statements for the older dads. Pair it with a pair of Khaki shorts or pants. Giving them the relaxed, old- money look.
- Dashiki: It’s trending right now. Don’t leave him out, young or old.
- His Favourite brand of red wine: Good for old dad. Watch him tell you all your major eff-ups as he gets under the influence. LOL
- Get him something Ethnic: There is a wide range to get from this family. Old souls love being and looking ethnic.You have the Red Ibo cap, Traditional beads, Traditional studs, Bowler hats, The bonny-man cap, Isi-agu attire for the Ibos, walking sticks etc. Here are some pictures to get you inspired.
- A personalized Item: Nothing speaks special like a personalized item or a “best dad” item. It could be a mug, a key holder etc. You can get special mugs in gift shops. You can also go all the way and make a special print. Done at any print shop.
- I said 20 abi, but Naija setting won’t be complete if Raw cash is not mentioned. Put some money in that brown envelope and give “Daddy”. He deserves it jooor! Like I said, this is just a guide. You can get anything else within your means. These gifts are fit for other special days other than Father’s day. I hope you now have gift ideas for his birthday and more. Offering Timeeeee!!!…..
1,660 total views, 2 views today