Hey, people! Ready to burn some steel? Work dem’ abs?! I am doing all I can to exercise consistently. So far, so good, I’ve been consistent(not met my goal yet but I’m just glad I’m consistent). I get motivated to exercise with music. A good work-out playlist can turn a long boring workout session to a party rock. I decided to compile some of my favorite work out songs and some friends also asked for suggestions for their work-out playlist.
We are in an era where high tempo songs are the in-thing. So any techno songs especially by DJs like Calvin Harris and David Guetta is very okay. I am a bit retro in my choice but that’s how I like it. This list might be a little girly but hey, that’s what works for me! It’s also free from religious and lyrical content bias. Its sole aim is to make you work out. Here they are in alphabetical order.
- Amerie- One thing
- Baha Men- Who let the dogs out?
- Beyoncè- End of time
- Beyoncè- Get me bodied
- Beyoncè- Run the world
- Beyoncè- Put a ring on it
- Black Eyed Peas- Boom Boom Pow
- Britney Spears- Work, Work
- Calvin Harris- Summer
- Calvin Harris/Rihanna- This is what you came for (most of Calvin Harris’s songs work well)
- Carly Rae Jepsen- I really like you
- Ceelo Green- Forget you!
- D Banj- Mò gbònò fèli fèli
- D Banj- Suddenly
- D Banj- Oliver Twist
- Eben- Hail your name
- Fleur East- Sax
- Florida- It’s goin’ down fo’ real
- Gwen Stefani- Wind it up
- Jason Derulo- Get ugly
- Jay Z/ Linkin Park- Encore
- Jennifer Lopez- Let’s get loud
- Jessie J- Domino
- Justin Bieber- Sorry
- Kanye West- Jesus Works
- Little Mix- Move
- LMFAO- I’m sexy and I know it
- LMFAO- Party rock
- Maroon 5/ Christina Aguilera- Move like Jagger
- Mambo No. 5- A little bit
- Missy Elliot- Get yo’ freak on
- Neyo- Closer
- Neyo- Let me love you
- Nicki Minaj- Anaconda
- Nicki Minaj- Super Bass
- Nicki Minaj- Turn me on
- Pussy cat dolls- Jai ho
- Rihanna- Where have you been?
- Sean Paul- Get busy
- Sean Paul- Just gimme da’ light
- Sigala- Easy love
- Sia- Titanium (techno version)
- Spice girls- Wannabe
- Taylor Swift- Shake it off
- Tiwa Savage- Without my heart
- Tuface- Implication
- Usher/David Guetta- Without you
- Usher/Will.I.Am- OMG
- Venga Boys- I’m a Barbie girl
- YCee/Olamide– Jagaban
So there, you have it. 50 work out songs that will keep you motivated. Who says work out sessions have to be boring? Blast those speakers and sweat it out.
So what are your work out songs? Please share!
1,639 total views, 2 views today