Hello, lovelies. How have you been? Summer is here (and heavy downpour for some). How are you guys coping or spending the holiday? I have not been myself lately. So much on my plate and the summer holiday is too darn long. I wake up with a ‘bengdededang‘ in my heart because as soon as I put my feet on the floor, that’s the beginning of my 26 hours shift. The kids see me as Mom, Uber, Elsa, Chef, the one who sacrifices the remote control all day (A sister just can’t get a good 30mins TV time). Who feels overwhelmed like me this holiday period?I don’t even want to travel on any vacation because honestly, vacationing with little kids is just torture. I’d end up needing a vacation from that vacation. So guys, how are you spending your holiday? July has been good. ‘Twas my birth month so that alone makes it extra special. Well, I’m pretty pumped up about August because there are a lot of exciting things in store. So let me itemize them the best way I can. Here we go!
- The 8th number biblically represents a new beginning (after the month of rest- 7th month), so I set some new segments for this month. We will be starting our interview segments. Showcasing people like you and I who are making a difference in their community and world at large. I marvel at what they do and how they’ve come so far. And their inspiring stories cannot just be for my ears only. You need to hear them and get pumped.
- I’d be featuring some articles from people. I have announced and announced for creative people to step forward and get their work, thoughts, stories featured here. For many reasons, I’ve not been able to follow up on that but now I think it’s time. So I’ve decided to reach them individually, so they share their gifts on this platform. I’m so excited about that.
- Guys, guys, guys! I’ve got great ideas for a vlog . Honestly, there are some things that I just feel its beauty and originality can only be seen and not read. My biggest obstacle; carrying camera upandan. Those on YouTube, how do you even get commited? Please share your tips. I suspect it’s not as tough as it looks but I just feel it’s too big a commitment to follow through. So please say in the comment section or send me a mail @ firstname.lastname@example.org and tell me what you think. Do you guys know other money-generating video platforms besides YouTube? Ok, money is not the goal here but I feel if I should set up something it should be on a platform that can eventually let me generate an income, abi?
- Gearing up for Grenada’s carnival mid-August. Now you see why I need to start the vlog? I heard it’s one of a kind. Already ordering a carton of anointing oil from Nigeria, so that I can pour on any bikini-clad drunk dancer around us. Plus, I know there will be a lot of things I’d like to unsee in the process. So I need to anoint my eyes regularly. Ever been to a caribbean carnival before? When working in Calabar, I watched alot of their carnivals but my brethren and sistren, Calabar de learn work.
- Thinking of the good life. I always think of the good life. That’s one of my driving forces towards dreaming big. This time it’s so detailed. I have been wanting to just fly first-class with Emirates on their A380 to any part of the world. Now, I’m not even interested in the destination. I just want the whole airline experience and it should be a Long flight. Talk about goals. E be like say I don chop belleful. Lol. Just Google the Emirates A380. ‘Nuff said!
- Being closer to God. Praying and studying the word like never before. Most times when we are all choked up with daily life activities, what suffer most are our prayer life (spiritual exercise) and physical workout (physical exercise). I hope for a zealous praying life. Not just at morning devotions. How many Moms struggle with this?
Anyway, let me know what y’all think about these. Have a blessed month. Stay tuned for exciting stuff this month.
Happy New Month.
777 total views, 0 views today