Hellooooo, people!!! Let’s all admit, Mondays are mostly on the top 10 list of things people hate. While I tend to disagree now, I still empathize with people who struggle with Mondays because when I was doing the Nine-to-Five job (or should I say Eight-to-Five), I hated Mondays so bad. Tuesdays got a bit of hatred too, if Monday was lucky enough to get a public holiday. I start getting myself from Wednesday but that is already half of the week. So in other to maximize the fruition of the week, I had to make some lifestyle adjustments to make my Mondays bearable, Okay and even enjoyable.
- Organize: You will be amazed how much time it will save you to prepare for work, if you organize your stuff. Your work clothes (whether it needs ironing or not) need to be picked out a day before. Even your shoes, style of make up etc. That way you don’t go through a cascade of clothes to start making up your mind. Also, the act of organizing gives you a sense of calm and purpose for the day ahead.
- Have a good weekend: Trust me, I know how tempting it is to just go home and slip into that hypothyroid-mood pyjamas and lay down and just flip through your phone all day for fun. When you do just that, or sleep through out a weekend, you tend to be lazy on Monday and just crave for more bed time. Instead, take time out and do some outdoor activities. Go to the park, the mall, window shop, attend that wedding ceremony, or birthday or child dedication party. Do something fun that keeps you active and happy. The key is not going extreme. This is not the time to be getting “Lit”, attending wild parties and bar hopping. That, will leave you exhausted. Make these activities fun and short. This way you get the best of both worlds; being happy and not tired.
- Ladies, invest in VERY GOOD HAIR WIGS: You know how we don’t joke with our hair. When you become a Wife, a Mom or even a Single lady who works in a firm that demands so much of your time, the weekend is not the time to start lining up at your favorite hair salon, wasting precious hours away. To save you time to use for more valuable things, good wigs come in handy. You throw them on and have a great look as well. And the variety of hair styles you display makes it even interesting to showcase at work. You can go to the salon once a month or two months or whenever you feel you really need to.
- Invest in whatever helps you save time: If chores on weekends are your main issue, you could try to invest in a washine machine or a domestic staff or a Nanny. So you don’t overwork yourself during weekends. Weekends are made for rest for a reason.
- Create a Monday morning happy feeling: This could be by deciding to listen to your favorite playlist while you prepare for work. You could choose an outfit that makes you feel good. Looking forward to the compliments you’d get from everyone on your looks can boost your mood. If you are on a diet, you could choose Mondays as your cheat-day. So you can eat anything you want. Imagine the feeling of eating dodo and scrambled egg for breakfast, Bole and fish or eba for lunch, your overgarnished noodles for dinner plus all the desserts you really want to eat that you stayed away from…all on Monday! Hah! That’s bliss. Okay, don’t stuff yourself with all that amount of calories but you get my drift.
- Carpool with very dependable colleagues: In as much as you have your car, sometimes it is wiser to carpool with very dependable colleagues and take turns. Here’s why; you save yourself the hassles of filling your tank (especially during fuel scarcity), washing your car for Monday, you have enough time to prepare while your colleague is on her/his way to pick you. The only time you might worry about not having time is the period you are suppose to head the carpool (to be the one picking up colleagues).
- Arrive early: When you arrive early, you sure do have time to breathe, have a cup of coffee,(if that’s your thing), pray, meditate and kickstart the day. It keeps you in a better mental state than rushing to work on Monday.
- Evaluate and find your true passion: Most times our true passion or career don’t bring in the money, so having a job that pays relatively well is the solution. This makes working in that firm a bit frustrating. What could help with that, is seeing your current job as a price to pay for your career to take shape. So look forward to every opportunity that shows up in that office. Look forward to working, knowing all you are learning will be used as tools for your own business or career.
I used these tricks and it worked for me so it might work for you. Mondays are not so bad afterall. See them as an opportunity to start on a clean slate. When you start doing what you love, you’d sure look forward to Mondays and every other work day. For now, try these tips and testify next Monday.
HAPPY NEW WEEK Y’ALL!!!
738 total views, 4 views today