Annnnd that’s how Boney M’s ‘Feliz Navidad’ was jamming in the street as I drove past the CD man on my way out. The Christmas season is already here?! Happy New Month, people!!!
So yesterday, Bubu’s Boulevard turned Six months, having almost 70,000 page views. Adonbelivit! This suckling is beginning to gear up for her two teeth sprout. Before you know it, she will be eating chicken. Though yesterday wasn’t my blog day, I had plans to mark this milestone yesterday but I still just wasn’t feeling up to it, reason is in my previous post. I lost someone dear to my heart. A public figure and Authority. Some things just can’t be imagined. She still is alive in my head and that’s how it’s going to stay. I’m saying a little prayer for us,
” Lord teach us to number our days. Teach us to live to our full potential. Teach us not to leave any stone unturned. Teach us how to dare to dream. Teach us to touch every single soul we meet. So when it’s our time, we will come before You with a grand smile that we truly lived. Above all, Grant us a very long life, we sure ain’t in a hurry to leave loved ones behind ….Amen”
Now here are some FAQs and I choose today to answer them.
- How and Why did you start blogging?: It seems like yesterday, I started this blog. I don’t hope to bore you with my story but for the sake of first time readers, I’d do a recap on how I started. Yes, I am just a stay-at-home mom with big dreams. I was always on the move, busy here and there doing office runs or business runs until life offered me a stay in Saudi Arabia. It was tough getting used to the sedentary lifestyle in Saudi Arabia. I’ve always loved working with the media so I decided to start blogging. That way I could do it in the confines of my home and still give great content out. For more details click on my “About” page.
- Who inspired you/ Who’s your mentor?: I know the obvious answer you are expecting to hear is Linda Ikeji but honestly it wasn’t her. Infact, I got scared of blogging because of the attention she was wielding. But I’m definitely inspired by her work ethic and her success. Ah ahhh, who doesn’t want Banana Island house?! I’m actually inspired by some few quieter bloggers and vloggers, local and international. I still get inspired by them. In no particular order, the minds behind, sisiyemmie.com, anutinanutshell.com, cupcakesandcashmere.com, preciouscore.com, patriciabright.com, acupofjo.com, kacheetee.com, berrydakara.com, nedoux.com, jessicahugoinspires.com , brendascouch.com, cheecheelive.com, stephylately.com, tessyonyia.com,zinnyfactor.com, sashaelizabeth.com, kosherladies.com, drkharis.com, drkevwe.com, writingaloud.com, Lindaikeji.com and more. I’m taking time to write these names because this is my support system. We’ve become a family encouraging eachother, even though we haven’t met. Some of them here take out time to drop comments and encouragement. These are ordinary people like you and I with great minds. They have their own share of insecurities just like you and I but They take out time to invest in their dreams by writing articles to inform and entertain you. So I truly appreciate this family.
- Are you making money(yet)?: Me, being a typical Nigerian, let me ask you. Is your six month child walking yet? Lol. I am not making money for now but I get some fair deals from sponsored posts and mutual benefits from some clients. Like any business starting up, you don’t start making profits immediately. You have to be patient. Honestly, I gave myself a year free from the money part but errmm I think I’d be thinking monetizing sooner cos I’m seeing different ways to monetize this blog.
- What are your challenges with blogging?: Time!!!! You’d think I’d have all the time in the world but my kids come first….Ewooo! Let’s not forget my Oga at the top. They all come first. When I started, I told myself “a cry trumps a type” and I’ve been going by it. As soon as my kids need my attention, I drop blogging first and attend to them. It shouldn’t be the other way round. God’s helping me to stick to the blogging schedule though.
- Where do you see this blog going?: I know I love to dream big but truthfully I have no idea on how far it will go. I’d just keep working, one day at a time. What I’ve always dreamt of is being a renowned Psychologist and owning my talkshow like Oprah, Ellen etc but I cannot just land there. I think God is leading me on this path as a process. If my dream happens, fine. If it doesn’t, God cannot be wrong, I’ll have something better.
- What advice do you have for intending bloggers or Newbies in any field: Just Start! I can go on and on to tell you tips and tricks but it still boils down to you starting. Start and you’ve solved 70% of the problem. It is scary, yes. But find courage to start. For bloggers, invest in a good blog just like you would invest in any business. Your time and small money is needed from time to time. Do not plagiarize. Have good, even great content and do profound research before posting any article that you term valid.
So I’ve answered these questions. I get them alot via emails, chats and calls. I really want to thank you, my readers. You make this journey so worth it. On days when I question if I’m making any difference at all, your feedback gives my brain a resounding Yesss!!! I think of you and pray for you. I hope to start give aways soon. So you have a taste of my gratitude. Please keep reading, commenting more, sharing and also suggesting ways this blog can be better. What topics would you like me to talk about? Do you have a favorite past article? Which is it?
I’m excited about December and I look forward to:
- Seriously getting back on my workout momentum: All the African salad and Bolé craving has to stop. I need to lose some more pounds and pray I don’t gain it on Christmas day.lol
- Watching ‘ A trip to Jamaica’: I’ve still not gotten over ’30 days in Atlanta’. I laughed so hard. AY Makun is just a genius.
- Perfecting my driving skills: Please don’t laugh. After learning how to drive, I was whisked away to Saudi where women are not allowed to be behind the wheels. So for 4 years I’ve not driven until last week. The other times I visited Nigeria, I was either pregnant or with an infant in the first four months (Oga mi, I hail oh. You be the badt guy!). Though I can drive, to avoid stories that touch, I put my sexy “L” and face front. You have killed me if you tell me to reverse.lol. So if you see me on the road, don’t jam me, just say hi! I know by mid month, I’d be fine since I drive everyday.
So, over to you! What do you hope to achieve before the year ends? I’m so looking forward to Christmas. I really love this period. My greatest wish is to have a ‘white Christmas’, you know, snow and tinz…but the money I will use to go abroad is not complete. It’s remaining N47.53 (Forty seven Naira, fifty three kobo) I’ve been very nice this year, so Santa do something! Y’all have a blessed month.
1,528 total views, 0 views today