Hey y’all! Yayyy to a good weekend. Another episode of my quirky thoughts. Y’all asked for it. The first post on this was just me being silly but I was shocked to get more than 50 shares on that post. Anyway, like I said, these thoughts dem plenty weh weh. So here is the second post. I think I’d give in to doing the series. I’m just not sure yet. I don’t wana become the “Too fast, Too furious” franchise. You know too much of sometin eeez noh good! Okay, let’s go!
- How come very sumptuous meals just come in small quantities leading to you wanting extra. But when you cook same meal with same recipe in a large quantity, it doesn’t taste as good, leading to wastage. If it happens once, you just overlook it. Twice, a mere coincidence. But thrice..4…5…6 times? Brethren and sistren, Village people are hitting drum for you. You had better put MFM pastor’s phone number on speed dial.
- Am I just being paranoid or does Snapchat come across as devilish? Okay, blame it on my paranoia burt that thing is somehow. I decided I’d join snapchat na, though I still couldnt figure how the app works. Stupid me, my almost 3 year-old daughter figured it out and we started playing with dog ears, flower halo filters and some very fun and quirky characters. Then, I stumbled into the marine queen, evil queen and clairvoyant filters. At this point, I was beginning to be apprehensive but played with it nonetheless. Few days later, I was awake alone. My kids and hubby slept earlier than usual so I was bored and decided to play with the snapchat features for that day. Only for me to see one and as usual, it asked me to raise my eyebrows (this enables a trick from the feature. Snapchatters understand). My dear, what I saw scared the hell out of me. A red devilish hand comes out to grab your face anytime you raise your eyebrow. I tried it once and I didn’t need to try it again because the way I flung my phone and shouted Jesus, I don’t think it will be fair to me to go back there again. Whether it’s in the spirit of halloween, Snapchat, I no do again! Bye bye. Let me not be here smiling for photo while you collect my soul.
- What if you had the power to hear people’s thoughts about you or about anything? Would you exercise that power? I think I’d just faint when I hear some things especially from people who I thought, like me. You’d be shocked to know these things.
- If Thailand’s capital, Bangkok was a high school kid. He would have been bullied for obvious reasons. You know what I mean. The name speaks volume. Chai, una don spoil finish.?
- Does the name ‘Buka’ (Any local Nigerian eating spot), have anything to do with the term “buccal cavity”, a medical term for the mouth. Any correlation?
- How come in the Bible days, people lived for hundreds of years. The longest lived man, Methuselah, lived for 969 years. What kind of calendar did they use? If it was same as ours, what was their secret to living that long? And what are we doing wrong this era, living relatively short?
- This might sound a bit controversial because I was raised under pentecostal Christian parents. We have been taught how to pray aloud. Sometimes, you hear the prayer leader say, “Open your mouths and pray! Pray louder!” What happens to people who just pray silently? Their prayers are not being answered? What’s the aim of praying really loud? So that God will hear you better? Or the devil will get scared as your voice is louder? Is it to impress the next person that you are a prayer warrior? Or do you just like to hear your own voice? Why I ask is because, I remember days I just say a little prayer in my heart and it gets answered. So if I can get answers that way, why do I need to shout? Trust me, I used to be one of those neighbors who’d pray and disturb the compound. But now I’m wiser, I see that that was wrong in the first place to disturb a neighbor. Remember, talking is different from shouting. Emphasis is on shouting! So why should one pray loudly?
- Oh, there’s an 8th thought. Look at this image. I was at Baskin Robbins agaaaainn!*rolls eyes*See dessert that can change one’s destiny. Baskin Robbins won’t Kee me. Since I’m cutting out on calories, I just looked at them and took pictures. Can’t eat them.????. See torture! Jesus, please start the rapture.
1,523 total views, 0 views today